Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Love You Los Angeles, at least for today.


My love/hate with the city of LA has been a long and tedious affair. Each and every day she spurs me towards both emotions, and I guess that is why I have never been able to leave her.

I have certainly got to give her credit today. While the rest of the US is pounded by severely cold weather she has blessed us with sunshine and joy. Its days like this that make me strangely accepting of the endless urban sprawl, insane amounts of traffic, and lung smothering smog that seem to be par for the course.

Just so all of you understand how rad this is....It is January, and as I write this the current temperature is 82°F, With the wind blowing north at 0mph and the humidity at a minute 14%. Suck on that midwest. (current temperature in Kenosha WI (-7°F) As you were shoveling snow out of your driveway I was deciding what sandals I wanted to wear today.

Los Angeles, you have made me happy....but I am not foolish enough to be enticed by just one offering of affection. I know your true nature. You are a vile temptress that is never to be trusted....but today you have done well...today...I love you.

KC

2 comments:

  1. As I sit here, in an Army barracks in Wisconsin, I just want you to know that -8° is actually quite pleasant. While LA, (SD more specifically) is known to be a nice place, do you ever get the joy of going down to the freezer and sticking your hands in it to warm up? As I breathe my saliva and mucus freeze in my mouth and nostrils. Well enjoy each breath; knowing that you are slowly killing yourself in the enveloping smog. In the meantime I will be researching whether, at -20° degrees, pee freezes before it hits the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you have fun with that Sergeant Slaughter.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter